You will be expected to have right people in the right place at the right time to enable ECYC to “move forward” and produce great projects – on time, on budget and as efficiently as possible. As a Project Manager you will support the Secretary General as well as the Bureau and consequently ECYC Member organizations.
ECYC represents a European network of youth work and youth club organisations that practice and promote open youth work and non-formal education. With 18 nationally represented organisations in 17 Council member State Countries, reaching over one million young people, the organisation has at its heart the supporting of youth clubs and other forms of neighbourhood youth work.
The ECYC Secretariat, based in Brussels, is looking for project manager from January 2020 for an unlimited period of time. The position is crucial for the work of ECYC and it requires flexibility and adaptability skills. The selected applicant will work in the Secretariat office in Brussels, where he/she will have the possibility to gain a simultaneous working experience on both a national and European level.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Work together with the Secretary General in ensuring additional funding bids to support projects
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization
- Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis to the donor or ECYC Bureau and member representatives
- Lead the implementation of project activities
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Trouble shoots project problems. Engage in contingency planning and implement recommend solutions
- Ability to develop a working relationship with youth work organisations and the ECYC membership base representatives
- You have a project management experience of at least 2 years
- Experience in working with youth organisations
- Motivated, quick to learn and assertive
- You are fluent in French (mother tongue level or equivalent) and have a very good command of English
- You feel comfortable in an international environment
- You have a very good knowledge of all Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- You have good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- You can work in a team as well as on your own
- Motivation for and working experience in the field of youth work
- Good communication skills
- French language: spoken and written
Term and conditions
- Full time position
- Permanent contract
- Covered expenses for transportation
- Starting date: at any point in the last quarter of 2019
Please send your cover letter and resume in English in EC format to firstname.lastname@example.org (SUBJECT: PROJECT MANAGER) until november 30 (23:59, Brussels time).
Please don’t hesitate to contact us in case you have any additional questions regarding the position. For more information on our projects please visit our website www.ecyc.org